Friday, January 7, 2011

DETOX 2011


YEAR OF THE METAL RABBIT - Hopping from one blessing to another. Have just finished the year's first week: New Year's Eve celebration with the MC sisters; lively and meaningful sunday liturgy; sumptuous Japanese lunch with friends for Popsies's Big Day; Splendide Circus and pizza; an episode: got carried away with my old, nasty self (ugaling Quiapo) and unceremoniously struck a dear friend with a long pillow (I was promptly hit back with a rolled-up, plastic mat by the visibly livid victim. Long silence followed. I felt so foolish then I just had to apologize for my stupidity. I am now still consigned to temporary oblivion by the aggrieved. Hindi na nga pala kami mga bata, hehehe...signs of ageing); Confession and Eucharist with the inmates of Precinto Uno, Tondo; Chelo Kebab, Pineapple shake, black coffee and Mango crepe with another friend. Will be off to Luneta in a while for the 5PM Mass for the vigil in honor of The Black Nazarene.

For this year, my year, I have decided I will be nice and pleasant the best way I could. I already learned many, many lessons in the past. Nothing much will change. I'll just do a little "housecleaning" of sorts; will dutifully stock up on "God bless you's" and "Thank you's" and generously invoke them upon everyone I'll meet, but most especially the blabbermouths and obnoxious characters who has this penchant for congregating in parish halls and around church statuaries. No more losing sleep over petty and cheap things; will exercise more, and pray even more intensely.

I will now cut down on Kimchi cup noodles, Coke in all its mutations, Tropical Hut Big Burgers and Quarter Pounders, large fries and Nuggets - the latter being the most difficult decision of all. More half-cooked gulay and yoghurt for this wooden rabbit.

Detox time. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

I'll still be pretty much around though. Bad news for those who abhor me and cringe at the mere sight of my allegedly frightening presence. Sorry. I'm not yet dying. Nyahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment