Saturday, January 22, 2011

Biryani In My Mind (ang misadventure ng isang matandang binatang biglang naglihi ng Chelo Kebab)




For some strange reason, I can't stop dreaming of gorging on a nice plate of Chelo Kebab and Biryani the whole time today. Waking up early this morning, I had nothing but coffee...and Biryani...in my mind. Mass at the ossuary, Biryani in my mind. Noontime mass at the mall, Biryani in mind. Afternoon prayers, while in the confessional, Biryani in my mind. By sundown, the insistent nagging inside me already got a little disconcerting. I had to have my Biryani! So I promptly trimmed my homily to less than 6 minutes, finished the mass in no time, brisk-walked back to the rectory, changed clothes, stormed out of the building, hailed a cab and off I went to my favorite Persian joint at E. Rod. We crossed Edsa, down Tuazon ext., turned left at N. Domingo, went straight down Balete dr., then left to E.Rod cor. Morato. And then I felt something's missing at my back pocket, just when I was about to alight from the cab...WALA AKONG DALANG WALLET. All I had with me was a notebook, a pen, and three pieces of V-Fresh. We had to return all the way back to 13th av!

But I had to have my Biryani.

So back we drove to E.Rod, then Araneta Center, then crossed Tuazon passing through 8th, then left to Justice Lourdes Paredes San Diego Avenue (formerly Main), then turned left at Neu Petro, and back to the parish. Ran up to my room, found my wallet, then back to the cab, and drove all the way back to that corner resto at E. Rod.

Then, at last, two hundred pesos worth of taxi fare for the crazy round trip notwithstanding, peace and comfort descended on me, as I beheld (with moist eyes and steamy underarms), served on a sparkly, white platter...the Biryani of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment