Thursday, January 14, 2010

Upcoming...


I’m gearing myself for my greatest painting challenge to date: a 5m. diameter, round icon of the Pantocrator to be installed at the underside of the dome of Saint Joseph Cathedral in Balanga, Bataan. This is the culmination of the Genealogy Project that I had been working on since July of 2009. It would be done in the same Byzantine style as that of the forty-four smaller panels of the Holy Ancestors of Our Lord. I hope to finish the work in 2 months time. Then I’ll be off to a new one.

As I am to embark on this holy endeavor, I vow to offer all my prayers, sacrifices and internal as well as technical preparations for the sanctification of all my brother priests, and also my family and friends. In a special way I dedicate this work for the good and generous clergy and laity of the Diocese of Balanga. It is my ardent prayer that I may be able to paint a convincing likeness of Jesus in my life no matter how pretentious it may sound much as I would labor and strive the best way I could to portray His beauty with pigments on a panel.

“Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, Have Mercy on us all!”

2 comments: