Saturday, January 2, 2010

Born Again...

Beautiful morning…Quiet, private, intimate…For a moment, it seems as if the world I woke up to was created just for me. No intrusive and unwelcome sound from outside. I can feel my own heartbeat, my warm breath, my skin stretching from my awakening, curled up body. I have a strange feeling that I already experienced all these before…a long way back when I was born. I feel like I’m being born once more, only this time, with the added blessing of actually being aware of it! This is Easter morning in all its glory! I looked around and there were no traces of the previous night’s nightmares and gloom. I didn’t stand up from bed. It felt more like I just sprung straight up. The suddenness, the spontaneity, the vigorous outburst of new life! In no time at all I at once found myself in front of the altar at the private oratory, vesting, disposing my senses, ready and eager for this day’s Lauds and Liturgy. It is the Lord! It is Jesus! (one morning at Bahay Pari-San Onofre, Mid-October, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment