Thursday, February 3, 2011

KIONG HEE HUAT TSAI! (resolution for the Year of the Metal Rabbit)



KIONG HEE HUAT TSAI! Year of the Metal Rabbit. Hop-py as a hare. I was born under the rabbit sign (the wooden variety). I did go through most part of my life in a somewhat "hopping" manner. But at one point I realized it's tiring and even aimless at times. So many opportunities wasted. Goals set aside. Important matters overlooked. So for this year I decided there will no longer be any more hopping for me. Henceforth I shall deal with what remains of my life, one step at a time. Each day would be a day for me to give the best. Each task I would strive to attend to with utmost care. Each walk, a purposeful one. Each person, the most important one at the moment. I shall celebrate each Eucharist as if it were my first and last. Each word I'll utter I shall choose very carefully, seeing to it that it contributes to the good of the one I am talking to, otherwise, I'll just have to shut my mouth. I shall avoid hopping from one interest to another, which often ends with my accomplishing nothing at the day's end. Shifting loyalties will never be in my agenda. I shall strive to only be Christ's at all times - even when no one's looking. And since there's no way I could know up to when I shall be roaming this happy, sometimes harried earth, then I might as well enjoy and enrich and be enriched by each passing day, savoring every minute, blessing every moment. I am resolved to be a blessing for others. I shall be a grateful recipient of the many blessings from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment