Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THOUGHTS ON BOARD KE094

...again, in-between a Korean grandma and a chubby Amerasian girl, with their bags, stuff toy and a banana, I was assigned to seat E33. I am heading home, tired, exhausted, forced to plug into the plane's in-house music (a less annoying option than do a marathon of the cheesy movie selection), for lack of better things to do.

- It has been a good two-months since I first found myself in this same predicament.

- In-between two strangers, co-passengers, an old, congenial lady and a taba, sleepy neneng.

- Flight attendants with their rehearsed and measured niceties.

- Two months ago I was in the same position. But coming home was not quite the same.

- Laden not so much with excess baggage from too much buying of useless trash, but rather with an overflow of happy memories: of newly forged friendships, or the strengthening of old ones; learnings and un-learnings; new things and sights; delights and mishaps...

- I left two months ago with a heart swollen with uncertainties. I am coming home replenished and renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment