Saturday, June 22, 2013

Quiet Projects for Christian Unity IV: "I Choose to Choose"



Someone must begin.

Something must be done.

Things must get started.

Words are insufficient.

Thoughts are fleeting.

I am just one person.

But I could decide where I would like to go.

I could decide what I would like to do.


I CAN MAKE A CHOICE!

And I choose UNITY.


I choose RECONCILIATION.

I choose FORGIVENESS.
           
             I choose to forgive and to ask for forgiveness.

I choose UNDERSTANDING.

I choose RESPECT.

I choose ACCEPTANCE.

I choose CHARITY.

I choose HUMILITY.

I choose SIMPLICITY.

I choose TOLERANCE.

I choose FREEDOM.

I choose PEACE.


I choose to enter life experiences.

I choose to discover the many good things I share with others, and enrich them and be enriched by them.

I choose not to magnify and exaggerate that which makes us different from one another.

I choose to enter their faith expressions as I invite them to share mine.

I choose to build rather than destroy.

I choose to bridge rather than rip apart.

I choose what Jesus chose for me and you.

I choose to pray what Jesus prayed for us.


I CHOOSE TO CHOOSE,

and I choose UNITY.



No comments:

Post a Comment