Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Insanity Called Jesus





Judas have finally had it.

Not a minute longer in this unstoppable insanity called Jesus.

But he'll not leave with empty hands.

Might as well cash in on his retirement.

"How much will you pay me for handing him over to you?" he asked the temple officials.

Then he thougth:
"Three long years of unemployment...Ten pieces of silver for every wasted year of following his earstwhile boss (OT without pay, free food for just about everyone, begging on the streets, running all the time from mad crowds, praying for impossibly long hours, the disgusting habit of touching wounds, sores and even raising up dead people, etc.)...fair enough."

It was a deal...

The Judas in me, too, often engages in such baragains.

Cash in exchange for Christ.
Fame in exchange for Christ.
Reputation in exchange for Christ.
Career in exchange for Christ.
Political survival in exchange for Christ.
Pleasure in exchange for Christ.
Indulgence in exchange for Christ.
Comfortable and quiet living in exhange for Christ.
Power in exchange for Christ.
Practicality in exchange for Christ.

How much do I often find myself willing to exchange Christ for?

How much does it cost for me to call it a deal?

Today I shed my inner Judas.

Today I have decided to be impractical and foolish.

Today I willingly embrace the insanity called Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment